Image of student on campus. 

Welcome to NHCC! We are excited to see you back on-campus this fall, here's what we're doing to prepare for fall semester.

  • Courses are delivered in various formats, including on-campus, online, and hybrid/HyFlex options.  
  • Remote services are offered within a hybrid model.
  • All departments offer on-campus services that align with their hours for remote services.

There's still time to take courses this fall semester!
Register now for Fall Late Start Courses

  • Register for Fall

    Register today for best course selection on the days and times you need!

    New to NHCC? Visit the Admissions Steps webpage to apply.

    Returning students, visit eServices to select courses, or if you need assistance, visit the Academic Advising webpage to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor or call 763-424-0703.

  • Important Online Resources During COVID-19

    • Student Resources – computer and Wi-Fi access, tutorials on email, mobile apps, Zoom, D2L-Brightspace and more!
    • Student Services – connect remotely with student services for assistance with academic advising, tutoring, library services, food cupboard, and more!
    • COVID-19 – view campus updates, complete the health assessment before entering campus, submit a student illness report, and more!
  • Before Classes Start

  • In Your First Week

  • In Your First Two Weeks and Beyond        

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    • What are the different online course delivery options?

      NHCC delivers online courses in several formats. Click here for more information.

    • What if I don’t have access to technology to take online courses?

      Click here to view more information on computer, Wi-Fi, and hotspot resources.

    • What is the difference between synchronous and asynchronous online courses?

      Synchronous means you will virtually attend class at the scheduled time. Asynchronous means you will virtually attend class at your leisure, so you can review the course material at any time however you need to adhere to the deadlines.

    • Why are online courses more expensive than in person?

      Online courses are more expensive than in person for a couple of reasons. First, North Hennepin is assessed a $4.50/credit fee by Minnesota State to cover the cost of the system-wide licensing of D2L Brightspace (online course management system) and other licensing costs. Second, the additional amount of the differential is used by the campus to a) fund specialized software needed for online courses, b) offset the additional support costs required for online courses and c) provide training to employees. Although NHCC’s online courses are more expensive than in person, we have one of the lowest differential rates of any of the metro area community or technical colleges.

    • When can I access the online orientation?

      Students will be able to access the online orientation in D2L Brightspace 24 hours after the day they are admitted.

    • What steps do I take after being admitted to NHCC?

      Students are encouraged to complete Accuplacer testing first, followed by online orientation in D2L. Once a student has test scores (or waivers) and their online orientation complete, they will receive an email to schedule their registration session. During the registration session, the academic advisor will lift their orientation hold.

    • When is tuition due for fall?

      Fall tuition is due Friday, August 20, 2021. If registered after this date, tuition is due Friday, August 27, 2021. Click here for more information on tuition deadlines. For available payment options, click here. Questions? Contact Accounting and Fees at 763-424-0718 or

    • How do I purchase books?

      The on-campus bookstore is open for business!  You can either come to the bookstore to purchase textbooks, supplies, bus passes, and NHCC branded items, or visit us at to place an online order for either home delivery or in-store pickup.  For more information, please call us at 763-424-0808.

    • Will NHCC Computer Labs be open and available to students?

      Yes computer labs will be open. Click here to view hours.
    • Will physical service windows be open?

      Yes, students can get assistance on campus [add hours when confirmed]. You can also access services remotely.      

    • Can someone in my family talk to the school on my behalf?

      The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a law that protects the privacy of student education records. Students 18 years of age and older are the only ones who have access to this data. If you would like to provide consent for this data to be accessible by a parent, guardian, spouse, etc., 1) complete a Release of Private Educational Data Form, 2) submit form WITH a copy or image of a photo ID via this secure upload. In person, you can submit the information via the student drop box located inside the Center for Business & Technology door #13.

    • How do I meet with my academic advisor?

      Students can meet with academic advisors and/or TRIO advisors through phone and/or Zoom (video call) appointments and drop-ins.

      For Academic Advising, schedule an appointment through Navigate, call 763-424-0703, or email 

      For SSS/TRIO, call 763-424-0937 or email to schedule an appointment.

    • How do I apply for SSS/TRIO?

      We are accepting applications now. Click to apply here. If you need a paper application please contact the reception desk at 763-424-0937 or email

    • Are tutoring services available?

      Yes, tutoring services are available remotely. Please visit the Tutoring webpage to learn more about services and scheduling appointments.

    • Are library services available?

      Yes, library services are available remotely. Please visit the Library webpage to access the online database, for research assistance, and to schedule an appointment.

    • How can I connect to Diversity and Inclusion programs?

      There are a number of ongoing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs available virtually. Visit the DEI webpage for more information. To schedule a virtual appointment or to learn how to access a program, email

    • Is the health clinic offering services?

      Yes, the health clinic is offering services virtually. Appointments are required. Visit the Health Clinic webpage for services and hours, and to schedule an appointment.

    • Am I able to access the Food Cupboard?

      All enrolled students can access the Food Cupboard during campus hours. To access campus, enter CBT Door #13 and show your student ID. If you are a new student and do not have a student ID, bring your course schedule and a state- or federal-issued ID, and Public Safety will create a student ID free of charge. Upon entry, Public Safety will escort you to Campus Center to access the Food Cupboard. Visit the Food Cupboard webpage to for services and hours.  

    • Am I able to access the Mother’s Room?

      The Mother’s Room in Campus Center is closed, but Science Center Room 109 (SC 109) will be accessible to parents who need space to feed children, nurse, or utilize a pump. Individuals needing access to the Mother’s Room may contact Student Life at or 763-424-0804 or Public Safety at 763-424-0807.

    • What community resources are available to me?

      Visit the Community Connections Resource Center to get connected to community resources to overcome barriers to academic success, including healthcare, housing and energy assistance, access to the food pantry and SNAP, money management and more. In addition, students who are experiencing financial hardship and are facing an unforeseen financial barrier, such as a car repair, medical costs, child care, transportation, food, bills or other needs they cannot meet, can apply for the Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) emergency grant. This grant is available one time, and provides up to $500. Please contact Counseling for more information at 763-493-0554 or

    • What counseling and mental health resources are available to me?

      Visit Counseling Services to access a variety of campus and community resources, including a 24/7 support line and crisis text line. Contact Counseling at 763-493-0554 or to schedule an appointment with an NHCC counselor.

    • How do I request accommodations?

      Visit Access Services for more information and to submit an application for services. We are also available to meet with you remotely via phone, Zoom (video call), or email. Please contact 763-493-0555 or to schedule an appointment.

    • I am a Veteran, how do I find out about benefits and resources?

      Please contact Janet Lorenzo ( or Anong Thor ( for any questions; you can also send an email to

    • I am an International Student and have questions about my status and/or travel?

      Please contact your international student advisor at for questions about status or travel.    

    • Whom should I contact if I have questions or concerns?

      Contact the Information Center for questions or concerns at 763-424-0702 or

Important Dates