To have your exam proctored at NHCC, first make arrangements with your home institution, then contact the NHCC Testing Center to make an appointment. We are able to proctor paper and web-based exams for colleges that are located in the United States.
Guidelines for Test Proctoring
- Cost is $35 per exam for non-Minnesota State institutions. There is no charge for proctoring tests from other Minnesota State Colleges and University schools (Minnesota State College System).
- Exams are administered in the Testing Center and are monitored by proctors.
- Appointments are required. Unscheduled or “drop-in” exams are not provided.
- Originating institutions must provide all materials, including a prepaid return envelope, along with the exam.
- The student or institution must prepay for courier or overnight return services and provide all necessary supplies.
- After you have requested the exam, schedule an appointment at least three (3) days in advance by calling or sending an email to the Testing Center.
- Allow extra time for checking in and out, paying any fees, and completing paperwork required by your school.
Proctor Contact Information
Holly O'Donnell Kidist Worku
Test Technician Test Technician
The Testing Center provides a place for NHCC students to make up exams that were missed during class. Arrangements must be made with your instructor in advance.
Guidelines for Instructor Testing
- Provide instructor name and class information.
- Testing is done on a walk in basis during testing hours. No appointment is necessary. Allow enough time to finish your test before the Testing Center closes.
- If you are registered with Access Services and need test accommodations, call 763-424-0928 to schedule an appointment to ensure that specific testing accommodations are met.
- Your instructor will indicate an exam due date. Exams cannot be provided beyond this date.
- Once you start an exam you must finish it. You cannot start an exam and come back later to complete it.
- A Photo ID is required to take any exam.
- Electronic devices including cell phones, personal laptops, PDAs and tablets are not allowed during testing.
- Cheating is prohibited. If a student is caught cheating, he or she will need to stop testing and immediately leave the testing room. The student will be found in violation of the Code of Student Conduct for Student Behavior and Academic Honesty.
Accuplacer - Remote Location Request
The Accuplacer test may be administered to students who live outside of the area by an approved proctor.
- The student must locate a proctor from a college or military base that is willing to administer the exam. Fees are the responsibility of the student. The proctor must fill out the Request to take the ACCUPLACER at a Remote Location form and return the completed form to the Testing Center.
- The day of your appointment bring a photo ID and your NHCC ID number to the testing location.
- You will receive test results immediately following the test session. If you have questions concerning the test results, please call the NHCC Testing Center.