Orientation is required of ALL new students prior to registration. Orientation is free and provides students with information about NHCC's academic programs, classes and registration, campus resources, student responsibilities, and more.
Placement testing or a placement waiver must be completed before participating in orientation. It is important to complete orientation as soon as possible in order to register for classes.
New Student In-Person Orientation
- Open to all students including transfer and international students.
- To schedule your orientation time, contact the Advising Center, or sign up for orientation immediately after you complete your placement test. Space is limited - schedule as soon as possible!
- Orientation lasts approximately 3 hours and includes one-to-one academic advising and course registration.
- Guests are allowed, however, please do not bring children to these sessions unless accompanied by another adult.
- View the schedule for on-campus orientation sessions now.
New Student Online Orientation
- Online orientation is an option available to students who have placed into college level reading (ADEV 1950 or EAP 1230) OR have received a reading waiver.
- All new PSEO students are required to attend an in-person orientation session, no exceptions.
- Career & Technical Education PSEO Students do not attend the PSEO Orientation which is reserved for students in the 11th & 12th grade General PSEO Program. Career & Technical Education PSEO students must attend a mandatory CTE PSEO Parent/Student Session. See the application for more specific information.
After attending orientation and registering for classes, students must bring a copy of their class schedule to the Public Safety Office, LRC 101, to get a student identification card. Students can then pay for tuition and buy books.