Financial aid plays an essential role in helping students and their families afford college. Many families are surprised to find they qualify for some assistance. In fact, NHCC student are awarded more than $35 million each year in the form of grants, scholarships, work-study, and loans.
To find out what you qualify for, students must apply for aid each year. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming year is available January 1. We can help you with the process if you have any questions:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). NHCC's school code is 002370.
- Review your FAFSA and provide additional information if requested by the federal processer or NHCC. Most students need to provide additional information (for example: tax documents, transcripts, residency information, documentation of high school graduation or GED completion). All requested information must be provided before your award is processed. You will receive an email when the list of additional items needed to review your file is available to view on your eservice account.
- Receive your award notice from NHCC. You will receive an email when your award is available to view on your eservice account.
- Apply for loans if needed and/or scholarships if interested.
- Look for student employment opportunities. If you are hired, contact the Financial Aid Office to complete a workstudy authorization form and provide documentation of employment eligibility. Additional information is available in the Student Employment Guide.
- Activate your NHCC BankMobile debit card, enter your direct deposit information and receive your financial aid disbursement. Financial aid will not appear on your student account until after your aid disburses.
NHCC's priority aid application deadline is April 15th. Students who complete their file by the priority deadline are given first consideration for SEOG grants, student employment, and Perkins loans for the following academic year.
- MN State Grant deadline - The Federal processor must receive your FAFSA no later than 30 days after the start of the semester. If your FAFSA is received after the MN State Grant deadline, you will not be eligible for MN grant for that semester.
- Pell Grant enrollment deadline - You must be registered for all classes by the Pell Grant enrollment date. Classes added after the enrollment date are not eligible for Pell grant.