The Bookstore is your source for all course materials. Book sales for each semester begin three weeks prior to the start of that semester. A copy of your current class schedule and NHCC Student ID is needed to purchase textbooks or bus passes in the Bookstore. In addition to textbooks, we also provide school & art supplies, NHCC clothing, gifts and snacks!
The Online Bookstore lists required and recommended textbooks and costs. Textbook information, pricing and availability is subject to change. Textbooks can be purchased online with in-store pick-up or shipping available. For in-store pick-up orders, allow two business days. For shipped orders, allow seven business days. Online purchases require payment by credit card (Discover, MasterCard or Visa). PSEO, VA and Third party students cannot charge purchases online.
Book Charge Service
Students who meet one of the following conditions can bring their NHCC student ID and a copy of their class schedule to the Bookstore to charge books during the scheduled book charge dates:
- Financial aid recipients will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office that lists their charge eligibility. Charges can include books and limited supplies.
- PSEO students are eligible to charge books only. PSEO funded books remain the property of the State of Minnesota and must be returned by the last day of the term. If books are not returned by the deadline, a replacement fee as well as a registration & transcript hold is added to the student account.
- Students with an e-Cashier payment plan for the term may charge books and limited supplies.
- Third Party fund recipients must have your third-party provider submit payment authorization and have your account established in the Accounting & Fees Office prior to charging.
- Veterans must have applied for veterans benefits and obtain your book charge form from the VA Certifying Official. Veteran students can charge textbooks and limited supplies. Backpacks cannot be charged on the VA account.
Book Charge Conditions
- Students using any book charge process are responsible for all charges if for any reason the student fails to receive the funding upon which a bookstore charge is based.
- Book charges are allowed only during the scheduled book charge dates.
- All charges are subject to the return policy.
Sell Your Books for Cash
Sell your unwanted textbooks during Book Buy Back for up to 50% of the current retail market value. At the end of each term, the Bookstore hosts a Book Buy Back event. Most, but not all, textbooks are eligible to be sold during the event.
Software and Other Purchases
- Technology eSTORE allows students, faculty or NHCC staff to purchase software, hardware and computer accessories at an educational discount price.
- e-Academy offers Microsoft Professional software at a discounted student price.