The International Student Advisor provides support to foreign students who are studying at NHCC on an F-1 student visa (or F-1 students, for short). If you are a current F-1 student at NHCC and could benefit from any of advising services listed below, please contact the International Student Advisor.
- Special orientation activities for new students
- Weekly time to advise students
- Occasional workshops at all-campus events
Areas of advising expertise include:
- How to maintain F-1 Status
- How to apply for Optional Practical Training
- How to apply for Off-Campus Employment Authorization based on Economic Hardship
- How to satisfy the MnSCU International Insurance requirement
- How to secure on-campus work or institutional scholarships
- How to transfer the SEVIS record from NHCC to another school
- How to apply for a Social Security Number
- What documents are needed to re-enter the United States after traveling abroad
Looking for the international student insurance form?