The Diversity and Equity office creates and sponsors multicultural programs and sustainability initiatives for students and the NHCC community, including:
To provide an inclusive, respectful, and inviting learning and work environment at NHCC by creating opportunities for interaction, dialogue, and inclusion among and across diverse cultures, including:
- Academic diversity initiatives for students that complement academic instruction in the classroom
- Multicultural education trainings that encourage and advance inclusive language, respect, interaction, and cultural knowledge
- Innovative ideas and publicity that promote the value of diversity
- Community connections that expand knowledge, networking, and resources
- Collaboration by representing a voice of diversity and inclusion on campus committees
To promote the values of diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as well as our civic responsibility in advancing these values outside of campus. Through diversity awareness and inclusion efforts, NHCC owns, maintains, and advances an inclusive, respectful, and inviting learning and work environment.