What is a StarID?
StarID is a single username that allows you to log into any of your technology accounts at North Hennepin and within the Minnesota State system. The StarID format consists of two letters followed by four numbers, followed by two letters, such as ab1234cd. StarID is never duplicated and never reassigned. This means that once issued, you can use the same StarID at every participating Minnesota State institution.
When will you use your StarID?
- E-Services: This account is used for course registration, bills and payment (including payment plans), financial aid, grades and unofficial transcripts, and degree audit reports
- NHCC email (my.nhcc.edu): Your NHCC email account is used for official communication with the college
- Campus computers: Some computers on campus require you to log in with your StarID
- D2L Brightspace: This is the online learning environment used for online, blended, and many on-campus courses
The benefits of StarID
Prior to StarID, you had a different username and password to log into E-Services, NHCC email, campus computers, and D2L Brightspace. When you transferred to another MnSCU institution, you had additional usernames and passwords for that institution. StarID is the only username and password you will need at North Hennepin and will transfer with you to other Minnesota State institutions.
Activating your StarID
To activate your StarID:
1) Click here to begin
2) Under Students, click Tech ID (Student ID)
- In the Institution field, select North Hennepin Community College
- In the Tech ID field, enter your eight-digit Student ID number
- Enter your social security number and click Continue
3) Enter and re-enter your new password
4) Select your preferred email address
5) Click the box acknowledging data stewardship responsibilities
6) Click Activate StarID
Options for getting help with your StarID