Orientation is required of ALL new students prior to registration. Orientation provides students with information about NHCC's academic programs, classes and registration, campus resources, student responsibilities, and more. It is important to complete orientation as soon as possible in order to register for classes!
Placement testing or a placement waiver must be completed before participating in orientation.
On-Campus New Student Orientation
Open to all new to NHCC students (except PSEO). Orientation sessions last approximately 3 hours and includes one-to-one academic advising and course registration assistance.
- To schedule your orientation time, contact the Advising Center, or sign up for orientation immediately after you complete your placement test.
- Guests are allowed, however, please do not bring children to these sessions unless accompanied by another adult.
On-campus New Student Orientation Schedule
Online New Student Orientation
Online new student orientation is an option for students (except PSEO) who have placed into college level reading (ADEV 1950 or EAP 1230) OR have received a reading waiver. Students complete a self-paced online orientation that includes brief quizzes that must be passed. Eligible students can access the online program here: NHCC Orientation.
- After orientation is completed, the Advising Office will review quiz scores and remove registration holds (allow 48 business hours for processing).
- Registration open labs are available for students who complete online orientation and want assistance with course registration. Schedule a time at one of our Registration Labs by calling the Advising Office or using the appointment link provided in the email sent after online orientation is completed.
PSEO New Student On-Campus Orientation
All new PSEO students are required to attend an in-person orientation session, no exceptions. The PSEO Orientation is reserved for students in the 11th & 12th grade general PSEO program. Career & Technical Education PSEO (CTE PSEO) students attend a mandatory parent/student session - see the CTE PSEO application for additional information.
- To schedule your new PSEO orientation time, contact the Advising Center, or sign up for orientation immediately after you complete your placement test.
PSEO New Student On-Campus Orientation Schedule
After completing orientation and registering for classes, go to the Public Safety Office, LRC 101, to get a student identification card. Students can then buy books.