Cancelled class information is updated on this page daily, and throughout the day. Check back often for new information as it becomes available.
||11/24/2014 11:00 AM||
||11/24/2014 5:00 PM||
If the entire campus closes due to weather, the following procedures will be taken:
Who Makes the Decision
The College President will make the decision to close North Hennepin in consultation with the Director of Public Safety, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Vice President of Finance and Facilities, Vice President of Student Affairs, and Chief Human Resources Officer.
How the Decision is Made
The decision to close North Hennepin is based on information from a variety of sources including, but not limited to, local weather and road conditions, local school closings, and other college closings. Decisions about the Buffalo High School site are made based on the Buffalo school district.
When the Decision is Made
We will make every effort possible to make the decision to close by 6:00am for morning or day classes, and 3:30pm for late afternoon or evening classes.
How to Find Out if the College is Closed
- Star Alert – Sign up to receive emergency text messages from North Hennepin sent directly to your mobile phone and/or email address. Visit www.nhcc.edu/staralert to sign up.
- College Website – A notice will be placed on top of the college homepage (www.nhcc.edu).
- Phone – Call 763-488-0391 and listen through the standard opening message for campus closing information.
- Email – Check your college email @nhcc.edu (employee) or @my.nhcc.edu (student).
- TV and Radio Stations – The following stations are notified of NHCC closings:
- WCCO TV
- KSTP Channel 5
- KARE 11
- KMSP Fox 9
- News Radio 830