Learn more about North Hennepin Community College’s degree options, student resources, and admissions steps at our Open House the evening of Tuesday, April 18th from 4:00-7:00pm!
RSVP and attend to win door prizes! Apply for admission at Open House and we’ll waive your $20 application fee.
RSVP for Open House online
At Open House, you can:
- Apply to NHCC for FREE!
- Visit with faculty, staff, and current students
- Tour Campus
- Participate in academic Breakout Sessions (see below)
- Learn about Admissions (English & Spanish sessions)
- Receive information about NHCC's University Center
Check-in at the Center for Business & Technology (CBT). Parking is free on campus, please park on the East side of campus by CBT. See www.nhcc.edu/maps for a campus map and location for parking.
You can arrive anytime that's convenient for you during the event. However, keep in mind breakout sessions will begin at a specific time and you should arrive 15 minutes early to check-in. Open House ends at 7:00pm - be sure to give yourself enough time to experience NHCC!
Breakout Sessions include:
- Admissions @ 4:00pm, 5:00pm, & 6:00pm in CBT 210
- Learn about applying to NHCC, understand admissions steps, and game plan a timeline to begin college at our Admissions info session. Also available in Spanish.
- Sesión de información @ 4:00pm, 5:00pm, & 6:00pm en CBT 209
- Aprender cómo aplicar para NHCC y el procesó de admission. También tendrá la oportunidad de habalr con estudeantes latinos sobre las experencias en North Hennepin Community College.
- Art & Graphic Design @ 5:30pm in CBT 171
- Graphic Design helps make the world more beautiful and understandable. Graphic designers learn about situations and what's important to their audiences, then use shape, color, images, words, time, and other visual ingredients to present ideas and messages. They use computers, along with their minds, hands, and traditional tools like paint or pencils, for their work. Graphic designers must be comfortable communicating their design ideas and be ready for change.
- Business & Accounting @ 4:30pm in CBT 171
Thinking about a career in the area of business? Learn how your start at North Hennepin can create an entryway to your continued success into a 4-year business degree—or give you the skills and education needed for careers after your 2-year degree.
Whether you are interested in Accounting, Business Computer Systems & Management, Finance, Management, Marketing, or Entrepreneurship, this session will give you great info about your options at North Hennepin and your pathways to success!
- Computer Science @ 4:30pm in CBT 179
We "teach" the computer to test our software. We build "automated tests" that "grade" our software, allowing us to improve and tune it, until it "passes" the tests. Learn about options in Computer Science.
- Construction Management, Building Inspection Technology, and Public Works @ 5:30pm in CBT 178
- Description available soon.
- Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement @ 5:30pm in CBT 178
- Interested in a career in Criminal Justice? Attend this informational session and have your questions answered!
- Exercise Science @ 4:30pm in CBT 169
Exercise science is the study of physiological and functional adaptations to movement. The field is interdisciplinary, involving disciplines such as anatomy, chemistry, biology, physiology, biomechanics, exercise prescription, psychology, and nutrition. Students learn to understand how and why people move as well as the factors that limit and enhance our capacity to move.
Exercise science programs at NHCC are designed for students interested in the biophysical aspects of exercise. It provides preparation for professional fields in areas such as physical therapy and rehabilitation, biomechanics, nutrition, exercise physiology, sports medicine, corporate wellness, chiropractic medicine, and cardiac rehabilitation.
- Health Careers & Nursing @ 4:30pm & 5:30pm in CBT 167
- Interested in healthcare or helping fields and want to learn more about what NHCC has to offer? Learn about our health career programs, including Nursing, from an academic advisor and then tour our new Bioscience & Health Careers Center!
- Human Services @ at 4:30pm in CBT 178
The field of Human Services is dedicated to helping individuals attain self-sufficiency. This includes assisting people in finding resources, advocating for individual needs, and guiding clients toward setting and achieving personal goals. Professionals in this industry work with child, youth, and family services, as well as elderly, immigrant, and community groups.
- Liberal Arts & Transfer @ 4:30pm & 5:30pm in CBT 168
- Learn how to successfully start on your path to a bachelor's degree by completing liberal arts, MnTC (Minnesota Transfer Curriculum) courses at NHCC! This session will help you understand what you'll need to prepare for to transfer to a university.
- PSEO (Post Secondary Enrollment Options) @ 4:00pm, 5:00pm, & 6:00pm in CBT 204
- Still in high school but want to start on college courses? Attend our PSEO info session to find out how!
- Theatre @ 4:30pm in Fine Arts Center (FAC) Theatre
- Description available soon.
- University Center & Partnerships @ 5:00pm in CBT 205
- Are you interested in completing a bachelor's degree on campus? After you graduate from NHCC, you have the opportunity to stay right here for your bachelor's through one of our University Center partners. A variety of majors are available from the University Center. Attend this breakout session to meet University Center partners and learn more about this unique opportunity!