Join the College Prep Program today for free!
College Prep at NHCC offers free college preparation courses designed to strengthen academic and computer skills and help prepare you for college-level work.
With College Prep you will:
- Receive one-on-one instructor feedback
- Learn valuable study strategies
- Explore careers and create an education and career plan
- Strengthen reading, writing, math, research skills
- Sample college courses, such as biology, economics, and psychology
- Be able to complete College Prep courses on-campus or online
How can you get started in College Prep?
- Contact College Prep at 763-488-0445 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information
- Review the expectations and eligibility for College Prep students
- Sign up for a College Prep orientation (different than college orientation)
- Complete an NHCC application to start College Prep courses
- Students must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current high school students are not eligible to participate.
- Students may not be enrolled in another ABE program
- Student must have a GED or high school diploma.
- ACCUPLACER scores must be above ABE level
- Students not enrolled in NHCC courses must have a 7+ score on the D TABE Reading test
- Current NHCC students may co-enroll in college courses and College Prep, as long as they are registered for less than 10 college credits.
- Current NHCC students may co-enroll with a score less than 7 on the D TABE Reading test
This program is a joint venture of North Hennepin and the Osseo Adult Education and Family Living Programs.