Login to D2L Brightspace
Notice to Out of State Students interested in NHCC Distance and Online Education
Introduction to Online Learning
For some students, traditional on campus face-to-face courses just don’t fit into their busy lives. That is why NHCC has been offering online courses since 1997. Online courses provide flexible scheduling, reduce commute time, and bring college as close as the nearest computer.
Our online courses are offered using D2L Brightspace learning management system, enabling online students to receive the same learning experience, as well as the same rigor and academic standard, as face-to-face courses. Like traditional face-to-face courses, no online course is exactly the same. Some incorporate the latest multi-media technology and others rely on more traditional online learning tools. Some courses require high degrees of student interaction, and others are more self-paced. Feel free to contact individual faculty and ask them about their specific online teaching style.
Online courses are great fit for students who:
- Are comfortable with technology
- Are able to budget their time, set study schedules, and complete work by stated due dates
- Communicate well in writing
- Read and understand books and written instructions with minimal help
- Can motivate themselves to work on coursework independently
- Can work remotely
- Have time in their schedule to complete required course work (a typical three-credit class involves an average of nine to twelve hours of work per week)
If you are new student considering an online class or program please visit Prospective students page for more information about learning online, common misconceptions about online courses, and other tips to ensure a successful learning experience. Visit Current Students page for D2L Brightspace student tutorials and other resources.
North Hennepin Community College is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.